Availability and Copyright
- A PDF file formatted for A5 paper, which is slightly larger than a paperback novel. The small page size, combined with embedded hypertext links, makes it suitable for on-screen reading.
- A “2-up” PDF file (without any hypertext links), in which two A5 pages are placed side by side. This version will save you paper if you want to print the book on A4 paper, which is the most common size paper in Europe. If you print this document on US Letter paper (which is slightly shorter and wider than A4 paper) then the Print… dialog box in Adobe Acrobat Reader has a Auto-Rotate and Center option that you can use make the document print better.
- An archive of HTML. You can get this as a Windows-friendly zip file or, if you prefer, as a UNIX-friendly compressed tar file.
Alternatively, if you want to browse this book online before deciding to download it then go to www.CiaranMcHale.com/corba-explained-simply.
Copyright © 2007 Ciaran McHale.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this book to use, copy, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the book, and to permit persons to whom the book is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
- The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the book.
- Although the authors have taken care in the preparation of this book, they make no express or implied warranty of any kind and assume no responsibility for errors or omissions. No liability is assumed for incidental or consequential damages in connection with or arising out of the use of the information contained herein. All opinions expressed in this book are solely those of the authors.
This version of the book was produced on February 27, 2007.
Orbix, Orbacus, IONA, IONA Technologies, the IONA logo and Making Software Work Together are trademarks or registered trademarks of IONA Technologies PLC and/or its subsidiaries. Java, J2EE, JavaBean and Write Once, Run Everywhere are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and in other countries. TAO is a trademark or registered trademark of Washington University. IBM, MQ Series, OS/390 and AS/400 are trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation. COM and .NET are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft. Open VMS is a trademark or registered trademark of Hewlett Packard. TIBCO Rendezvous is s trademark or registered trademark of TIBCO. Amazon.com is a trademark or registered trademark of Amazon.com Inc. wxWindows is a trademark or registered trademark of wxWindows Software Foundation. Windows is a trademark or registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Oracle is a trademark or registered trademark of Oracle Corporation. Berkeley DB is a trademark or registered trademark of Sleepycat Software, Inc. Linux is a trademark or registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. Mac OS X is a trademark or registered trademark of Apple Computer Inc. CORBA is a trademark or registered trademark of the Object Management Group, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks that appear herein are the property of their respective owners.